1. Some will place the extra 4 EVs in speed, which makes 147. So you want at least 148. Then it's a cat and mouse game. So any number above 148 is safe.I was looking around for team ideas when I found this set: Curse Swampert. It leaves me both very interested and confused.
I'm left with a few questions:Code:
Swampert @ Leftovers Ability: Torrent EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 96 SpA / 32 SpD / 40 Spe Quiet Nature - Earthquake - Hydro Pump - Ice Beam - Curse
- Swampert's unboosted Speed is 149, which is a few points ahead of what is necessary to outrun Blissey (146). Why are 40 Speed EVs used instead of 32 Speed EVs, which also outruns Blissey?
- What is the purpose of Swampert's mixed bulk investment?
- Why is this Swampert running Curse and only one physical move?
- If the focus of the set is Curse, why not drop Ice Beam for more coverage or Rest for recovery?
2. Physical defense because Swampert is a physical wall, special defense to survive Zapdos' HP Grass and also to be a bit better when facing Suicune / Starmie / opposing Swampert.
3. Stop recover/rest mons like Blissey, Starmie, and Suicune from beating it.
4. The focus of the set is not Curse. It is dealing damage with Hydro Pump. Curse is for point 3.